Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Two weeks ago, my life and my anatomy, were forever altered.

This is my first post on my first blog.

Tada!

I'm at somewhat of a loss on what I want this blog to be, or what it will become. But it was important to me to document this journey I am on.

Two weeks ago, my life and my anatomy, were forever altered. My guts were re-arranged via a gastric bypass surgery, and I'm embracing it. I'm announcing it. I'm not pulling a Star Jones' and lying about the hows and whys on the fact that I will be dropping major poundage in the coming months and years. I'm not ashamed to admit that I needed a little bit of help. Sure the naysayers may speak to the fact that I took the easy way out, but let me tell you, weight loss surgery is anything but the easy way out.

This is my journaling. My sharing. My life. My experiences.

After all, it is just my pouch and me.

Alissa

3 comments:

  1. Yay cant wait for that great experience sharing!!!! How old are you, if you dont mind asking. lol. Im 22-turning 23 sat :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm 31! Turning the big 3-0 snuck up on me fast... tho I still feel like I'm in my mid 20's! Where are you from?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations, Alissa! I wish you the best of luck as you begin a lifelong journey that is as equally difficult as it is rewarding. Remember that it's ok to fall as long as you get back up.

    ReplyDelete