Thursday, June 30, 2011

Popcorn + Me = Angry Pouch

So I made a mistake... One that I learned from... But it was an agonizing lesson!

Last week, John and I went to a matinee showing of Bridesmaids. And since we have a Regal Card, we will occasionally get freebies... And they printed out a coupon for discounted popcorn. Maybe I was a bit too adventurous, maybe I was jealous that John was enjoying yummy popcorn, but there was no maybe to the fact that I upset my pouch!!!

And yes, I ate the movie theater popcorn: and I'm not sure if I ate too much, didn't chew well enough, or what, but 45 minutes into the movie I had the most horrible pains. We left the movie early, which was a bummer since I was looking forward to watching it. Cest la Vie! Thank goodness for RedBox and Netflix in a few months, right?

The pains felt like it was high up, kind of around my esophagus? But it was an angry pouch nonetheless. Heck, I even tried (seriously tried!) to throw up and couldn't. I resolved to laying on the couch in a fetal position until I fell asleep, and slept thru the afternoon and well until the evening. It was a waste of a day off, and I was so frustrated. And John was so worried.

Early the next day, after waking up from my popcorn-induced hibernation, I felt back to normal... but now I'm scared to death of popcorn!

No comments:

Post a Comment