Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Julie/Julia project for WLS peeps on its way!!!

I made two dishes today from the Eating Well After Weight Loss Surgery cookbook: Smoked Porkchops with Pineapple and Creamed Spinach. Reviews, pictures, and general thoughts to come, but it was a good first introduction to cooking with the cookbook, and wanted to quickly share!!!

Since I will be cooking (and eating) from this book in the next coming months, I have to say that it needs a better name... Its long and awkward. I feel like it needs to be shortens to something a bit more catchy, especially if I will by typing the title over and over and over again. Maybe just call it: Eating Well? Or do I shorten it like they do for the How I Met Your Mother (HIMYM) television show? Maybe I go all Rachel-Ray on it, like how she calls extra virgin olive oil, EVOO.

The acronym (funny I'm even talking about this after my previous post! ha!) of EWAWLS seems a bit lame. And doesn't flow whatsoever! Maybe just call it Eating Well After WLS? A mix of both?! Ideas?

I will be noshing on leftovers tomorrow, and putting together a blog of the first two recipes!

3 comments:

  1. you could call it The Cookbook. or the WLS Bible... and include the link to the book as the text.

    Just please.. PLEASE don't go all rachel ray. She's annoying as hell. lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to read your review! I have the cookbook and have cooked a few recipes from it..

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sounds soo good!! You really need to update with recipes and pics and such. I really want you to get started so we can all benefit from your cooking :) lol
    Love,
    Sam
    http://samswlsjourney.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete